Welcome, By-Godders, to the Monday edition of The Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Knickerbocker Beer. Obviously, today’s beer choice is in ode to MVP Eli Manning and the Super Bowl champion New York Giants. Seriously, Eli Manning. And MVP. In the same sentence. I’m flabbergasted.
On to the Throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- The Real Reason To Watch The Super Bowl: Obviously, the commercials. FedEx was great. Same with E*Trade. Next year, I’m going to start a campaign where, instead of companies wasting millions of dollars on awful commercials, they just give the money to me. I think the idea really has legs.
- Seriously, Eli Fucking Manning: This is going to take a little while to get used to.
- Oh Yeah, WVU Played: We have a very winnable stretch of games coming up, including Pitt in Pittsburgh on Thursday.
Video of Disinterest:
What To Watch:
- Louisville @ Marquette: It’s just so hard to go on the road in Conference USA and come away with a win.
- Absenteeism: Apparently, today is the single worst (or best, depending on how hungover you are) day of the year for missing work. Personally, I am 100% in favor of more holidays, which is why I am half Jewish.
Filed under: shotgun/throwdown |