Welcome, By-Godders, to the hump day edition of the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Schmitts Gay.
Due to the recent women’s suffrage movement, both men and women are now able to enjoy hump day. We are also legally obligated to provide women-friendly content at least once a year. So as to not draw the wrath of feminists, gay men, and Anne Heche, we’re running with the alternative theme today*.
OK, enough legal jargon…on to the Throwdown!
* Note: Just kidding. We’ll be back with the regular dose of T&A later today.
What You (May Have) Missed:
- Pitt (Not At All) Surprisingly Back To Talking Football: All it took was one ass-kicking to get them off basketball immediately. After last game? Football didn’t exist. I’m surprised it does this time, considering ESPN picked them 6th in the Big East.
- Bubble Watch Watch: It won’t be updated until later today, but my guess is we move from “Work Left To Do” to “Should Be In.” And if we don’t? Andy Glockner dies.
- We Ain’t Won Shit: Unfortunately, we failed to win (or place) in either Best Big East Blog or Best New Blog. But, we’re not bitter, considering these awards are so full of shit. C’mon, be serious: Iowa and Louisville on top of anything football related in 2007? That’s unpossible.
Video of Disinterest:
- If you’re still reading after the
questionablyflaming gay entrance, then this is part of your reward. That’s right, song girls. You’re welcome.
What To Watch For:
- Memphis (-1000) @ SMU: It’s games like this in March that make sure Memphis loses before the Final Four. What a joke.
- Teams That Hve No Chance Playing Basketball: Yes, conference tournaments really get into the swing this week. They actually started yesterday, but we’ll understand if you didn’t notice. You must have been too busy doing anything else.
Filed under: shotgun/throwdown