Welcome, By-Godders, to the Terrelle Pryor edition of the the Morning Shotgun/Throwdown, presented by Buckeye Beer.
If you think tomorrow is about anything other than Terrelle Pryor, you’re kidding yourself. The guy is a spectacle and there’s simply nothing we can do about it. All you can do is sit back and pray to all that is holy that this kid chooses Ohio State (or Penn State). I hate cheering for either in anything, but the last thing I want to see is the smug sense of accomplishment that would be radiating to all points from Ann Arbor.
On to the Throwdown!
What You (May Have) Missed:
- Earning the Right to Get Slaughtered: Personally, I think it’s bullshit that these teams have to play this game at all. The great thing about the NCAA tournament is that all conference champions are invited. It gives them a chance, which is more than we can say about college football.
- Suspend the Hate: I might despise the Yankees — little known fact: I actually fought for the Confederacy, hence the Yankee hate — but this was pretty cool. Come to think of it, I hate both these teams.
- The NIT is Happening: So. What. Wake me up with the College Basketball Invitational starts. Then the party fucking gets started.
Video of Disinterest:
What To Watch For:
- OMG OMG OMG Terrelle Pryor: Seriously, there’s no escaping it. I wasn’t joking earlier. We’ll have the full blow by blow tomorrow. If he picks Michigan, it will just blow.
- That’s it. Just Terrelle Pryor. God my life sucks.
Filed under: shotgun/throwdown