Let’s get right to this, shall we.
- Pat White is good (at running). But we knew that one already.
- This is a program very much in transition. As much as we want to bitch about playcalling, etc., we are simply trying to fit a square peg through a round hole. Complain all you want that Jock Sanders can’t catch, but he wasn’t really recruited to catch. He was recruited to be fast. There’s a difference. Now Heastie and Long — those guys were recruited to catch.
- We still have no answer for short yardage situations. This is another downfall of recruiting speed regardless of size. Guys like Kerns and Alston should help.
- Jock Sanders can catch sometimes, as evidenced by his touchdown grab.
- Louisville’s program is crumbling. The crowd turnout was pretty terrible, considering this was a school that boasted of being the new power in the Big East. Right now, they’re closer to Pitt than WVU.
- The officials in the Big East are absolutely horrid. If the Pitt/Cincinnati review debacle last week wasn’t enough, how about Jarrett Brown’s touchdown/not-a-touchdown review masterpiece. Just terrible.
- I may shed a tear on December 6 for Pat’s last game. He has arguably meant more to this program than anyone else (save for only Don Nehlen and possibly The Product). I hope, though, that it’s more celebration than mourning. Like someone who lives a great life and dies of old age at 100, Pat’s departure should be a happy event.
- If anyone deserves a theoretical helmet musket, it’s Sidney Glover. That guy was everywhere Saturday.
- Good win. Now, if Syracuse can just put together another effort like their last at Notre Dame, we might be looking at a significantly better bowl game.
Filed under: louisville |